The California Wildfires this year stands at about 50,546 as against 52,572 of 2017, from January to October. Sadly losses from wildfires have added up to $5.1 billion over the past 10 years, with homes being destroyed numbering 8,800 in 2018 alone.
Below is a list of major homeowners insurers in California and how to contact them for assistance on how to file claims.
Major homeowners insurers in California
- State Farm: Customers impacted by wildfires can contact their local agent, call 1-800-SFCLAIM (1-800-732-5246), or visit our website, or use the State Farm mobile app to start the claim process. More info here.
- Farmers Insurance Group: File a claim online, through the Farmers Mobile App, contact your agent or call the Claims Contact Center at (800) 435-7764. More info here.
- CSAA: AAA Northern California insurance customers who have suffered damage to their homes or vehicles may also call AAA Northern California for assistance at 800-922-8228. Multiple locations listed here. More info here.
- Liberty Mutual: For claims support for anyone impacted by the California wildfires, a Mobile Response Vehicle will be at the following location: Lowes — 2350 Forest Ave, Chico, CA 95928 Hours: 8am – 6pm Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm Weekends and Holidays. Claims may also be filed here.
- Allstate: File a claim through any agent, 1-800-547-8676 or stop by one of our a Mobile Claim Centers, listed here. More info here.
- USAA: For claims, call 210-531-USAA ( 8722) 800-531-USAA ( 8722).
- Mercury General: For claims, call (800) 503-3724
- Nationwide: In-person claims assistance at North Butte County Courthouse, 1775 Concord Avenue, Chico, CA, 95928; or call 1-800-421-3535 or visit Nationwide.com.
- Travelers: Customers affected by the California wildfires may visit a mobile claim office 2080 E. 20th St. Chico, CA 95928 (at Intersection of Notre Dame / E. 20th St.). Customers can find Mobile Claim Office locations and report claims online here. More info here.
- Chubb: For claims support: contact your agent or file a claim online. More info available about wildfires here.
- The Hartford: Report a catastrophe claim here.