Insurance Blog for Americans
Wildfires: Major homeowners insurers in California

Wildfires: Major homeowners insurers in California

The California Wildfires this year stands at about 50,546 as against 52,572 of 2017, from January to October. Sadly losses from wildfires have added up to $5.1 billion over the past 10 years, with homes being destroyed numbering 8,800 in 2018 alone.

Below is a list of major homeowners insurers in California and how to contact them for assistance on how to file claims.

Major homeowners insurers in California

  • State Farm: Customers impacted by wildfires can contact their local agent, call 1-800-SFCLAIM (1-800-732-5246), or visit our website, or use the State Farm mobile app to start the claim process. More info here.
  • Farmers Insurance Group: File a claim online, through the Farmers Mobile App, contact your agent or call the Claims Contact Center at (800) 435-7764. More info here.
  • CSAA: AAA Northern California insurance customers who have suffered damage to their homes or vehicles may also call AAA Northern California for assistance at 800-922-8228. Multiple locations listed here. More info here.
  • Liberty Mutual: For claims support for anyone impacted by the California wildfires, a Mobile Response Vehicle will be at the following location: Lowes — 2350 Forest Ave, Chico, CA 95928 Hours: 8am – 6pm Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm Weekends and Holidays. Claims may also be filed here.
  • Allstate: File a claim through any agent, 1-800-547-8676 or stop by one of our a Mobile Claim Centers, listed here. More info here.
  • USAA: For claims, call 210-531-USAA ( 8722) 800-531-USAA ( 8722).
  • Mercury General: For claims, call (800) 503-3724
  • Nationwide: In-person claims assistance at North Butte County Courthouse, 1775 Concord Avenue, Chico, CA, 95928; or call 1-800-421-3535 or visit
  • Travelers: Customers affected by the California wildfires may visit a mobile claim office 2080 E. 20th St. Chico, CA 95928 (at Intersection of Notre Dame / E. 20th St.). Customers can find Mobile Claim Office locations and report claims online here. More info here.
  • Chubb: For claims support: contact your agent or file a claim online. More info available about wildfires here.
  • The Hartford: Report a catastrophe claim here.

Add comment

Most popular

Most discussed